Otrivin Menthol Nasal Spray combines the freshness of menthol with the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride. Xylometazoline hydrochloride helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing nasal congestion. It can ease nasal congestion related to a cold, hayfever or other allergic rhinitis and sinusitis.
- Before first use, remove protective cap and press applicator until an even spray is produced.
- Blow nose gently to clear.
- Insert nozzle into nostril and press applicator firmly once while sniffing deeply.
- Withdraw nozzle and release applicator.
- Repeat in other nostril.
- Wipe nozzle and replace cap.
Use Otrivin for:
Fast, temporary, relief of a blocked or runny nose caused by colds, flu, sinusitis, hay fever or other allergic rhinitis.
Who can use Otrivin:
Adults and children 12 years and over. Otrivin Junior is available for children aged 6-11 years.
- Adults and children 12 years and over: 1 spray per nostril.
- Use 2-3 times daily, as necessary.
- Do not use more often than every 8-10 hours.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
Do not use:
- If under 12 years.
- If you are allergic to Xylometazoline.
- After recent operations through the nose or mouth.
- If you have narrow angle glaucoma.
- If you have inflammatory nasal dryness.
Ask your doctor before use:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding or trying to become pregnant.
- If you have any other medical conditions.
- If you are taking other medicnes.
Do not use if carton pack seals imprinted with GSK logo are missing or broken.
- Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur.
- Excessive use may damage lining of nose.
- If irritation occurs or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use.
Do not give to children under 12 years of age
Keep out of reach of children.
- If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice.
- Each pack should be used by only one person, for reasons of hygiene.
- Do not use in or around eyes.
Benzalkonium Chloride as a Preservative. Contains Menthol and Cineole as Fragrances
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE; IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST, TALK TO YOUR HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. Do not give to children under 12 years of age.